Flickr Badge - Most Interesting Photos Currently

rhubs knit - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Magic of a Sunny Autumn Day

"Why Are You In Black???", by rhubs knit
"Why Are You In Black???",, a photo by rhubs knit on Flickr.

"Why Are You In Black???",

asks Komiko-Bramble.

"For Halloween of course!" explains Momo.

"but what is Halloween???", asks Bramble.

Explaining this is going to take a lot of work..., Momo thinks to herself


While Komiko-Bramble enjoys the warmth of the sun & asks even more questions.

After all Komiko-Bramble's questions are answered for now, Momo wonders if the autumn sun is

only a dream. Momo prays the sun stays around for awhile so she can go to a pumpkin patch &

pick out her very own pumpkin...


I myself cherished the sun as my big beautiful black lab Andy & I went over to the park to watch my hubby & his team from work play kickball. After the game we walked John home so he could nap, the poor old weary man, while Andy & I took off to enjoy the sun, where would we go? Originally I thought we might make it as far as the river, but instead we walked down to a yarn shop grabbing Elizabeth Zimmerman's Almanac off the shelves & finding a big old sofa to sit on in front of a large plated glass widow with the sun streaming in on my back as I read about Aran sweaters. Then on to the next yarn shop just 4 blocks up the street & in we went to read a book about Artic lace knitting done in Alaska through a co-op of native women, each group with their own pattern or rather I read the book while Andy layed down on the rug & started to snore. Why did we go in & out of the sun on such a beautiful day? I suppose the beautiful crisp cool sunny day reminds me of the coming winter & the need to knit overcomes me with thoughts about holiday giving. It's a seasonal thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment