Flickr Badge - Most Interesting Photos Currently

rhubs knit - View my most interesting photos on Flickriver

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Time is a Funny Thing

I have so much time and so little these days. I now have beautiful Ikea shelves with glass door fronts to move so many of my ball joint dolls - my latis, my blythe and my momoko dolls onto the shelves and yet as I say that I have two shelves up inside and I see just how many miniature pieces of furnishings and dolls I have...! It would have been so much easier to have started with storage space first and to have added dolls and miniatures second, ah, but that is not the way it was to be...! So what will I do? I think I have decided to start going backwards. Does that sound odd to add the newest first to the shelves. What have I just received?, a beautiful momoko called puppy garden and mine has beautiful long flowing blond wavy ponytails on each side. I still a haven't taken a photo of her as she is still safely in the boxing she comes in.
As I play with my blythes more often and take them to blythe meets it does not seem as important to put them on the shelf first and yet they are what creates most of the mess downstairs in our living room and it is for just that reason I should move them onto shelves upstairs first. I also have container of clothes I am trying to sort. My dolls have better clothes than I these days.
As for my Latis, well Becky, Beth and Cherny all travel with me so they must always be ready to be on the go, but the most recent Latis - the unicorns although they have gone to a ball joint meet here in town, they are now ready to find a magical, mystical shelf to share with the magicians, just how I am to create this I do not know.
I know you are probably wondering about all these names if you do not know me especially since I have no photos posted on this page yet and I am just starting this blog, but if you would like to see photos of many of my dolls you can do so by going to flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhubsknit/ there at flickr except for my Momoko mentioned here you can find most of my Lati and my Blythe photographed.
Since this is the start of my blog I should mention that I have at least 3 dollhouses as well as old cardboard Barbie set ups and many other types of folding homes. But two of the doll houses are the types that you build, each is a different style. One is an English Tudor and the other is of course the Standard Victorian/Queen Anne style that gets meshed together somehow. Both are in need of work, but the Tudor already houses some of the German and Swedish doll furniture I collected when I was a child. You will find photos of each dollhouse on my flickr page although not under doll house I am afraid. This I believe is one activity I will do today and that is to create a dollhouse photo set on flickr so that even though the houses may appear in other sets with the dolls someone who goes to my flickr page can easily find my dollhouses. The other dollhouse I have is Madeline's meaning the doll and yes the character in children's books. I also have the dolls, both in cloth and in the size that fits in the doll house which is an 8" size which is a very good size too for some of my Latis. Enough for now have fun looking at some of my photos on flickr as you only have to join (and it's free) to look remember you can find me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhubsknit/ please note I own the copyright on all photos under my name unless otherwise noted. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment